The relationship between schools and the Festival is by now consolidated and grows constantly. This also translates into an organizational support, financial aid and numerous opportunities to continue collaboration throughout the year.
The Festival offers schools the possibility to:
- know which events are dedicated to schools by navigating in the program using the links on the left of this page
- create personalized paths with the help of the “advanced search” function
– make use of a telephone number just for schools (0039 (0) 10 6598718) for detailed information on the program;
– register to the Festival newsletter, to stay up to date on any related news;
– become a member of the Friends of the Festival – and be mentioned in the program and on the site as one of the Partner Schools and have the opportunity to interview a scientist and host a class from another city during the Festival.
In accordance with the Regional Coordination for Scientific and Technologic Education (CREST), the Ligurian Regional School District and the Science Festival invite schools of all types to continue to be the protagonists of the event by:
17 September – Presentation of the Festival to schools
- Attending the dedicated event, before, during and after the period of the Festival
- Visiting the Festival and choosing one or more events which could constitute a useful starting point for school activities, paying particular attention to plans and projects which have been activated at a national or regional level (ISS – Teaching Experimental Sciences, Matçbel, Science degrees…)
- Documenting the results of these school activities in occasion of the 2009 Week of Scientific Culture
A brief series of presentations will start in Genoa at Liceo G. D. Cassini, to provide a preview of the Science Festival and the events recommended for schools. They will be followed by presentations in Piedmont and Lombardy.
6-14 October – The Science Festival goes to school
The schools of Liguria invite the public to take part in an exclusive series of previews of the 2008 Science Festival. The public may pose questions to scientists and wonders in seven events during which students and teachers will show guests that you can have fun even while learning at school and together they will listen to a conference held by one of the Festival participants.The events are organized by the schools, in accordance with the CREST coordination, selected by the Ministry of Education, University and Research as reference points for Scientific and technologic education.